The Motley Fool

Arena Events’ share price rockets 43% on takeover approach!

Hand holding pound notes
Image source: Getty Images.

The Arena Events Group (LSE: ARE) share price has soared following news it has agreed to a takeover offer. At 20.25p the event services provider was last up 43% during Wednesday trading. This means it’s also up more than 300% from this point a year ago.

Arena announced it has agreed to a cash offer from Theta Bidco Limited which values the penny stock at £71m. The acquisition price of 21p per share represents a premium on Arena Events’ closing price of 14.15p on Tuesday.

5 Stocks For Trying To Build Wealth After 50

Markets around the world are reeling from the coronavirus pandemic… and with so many great companies trading at what look to be ‘discount-bin’ prices, now could be the time for savvy investors to snap up some potential bargains.

But whether you’re a newbie investor or a seasoned pro, deciding which stocks to add to your shopping list can be a daunting prospect during such unprecedented times.

Fortunately, The Motley Fool UK analyst team have short-listed five companies that they believe STILL boast significant long-term growth prospects despite the global upheaval…

We’re sharing the names in a special FREE investing report that you can download today. And if you’re 50 or over, we believe these stocks could be a great fit for any well-diversified portfolio.

Click here to claim your free copy now!

Theta Bidco is a vehicle set up by Abu Dhabi-based IHC Industrial Holding LLC and Tasheel Holding Group LLC of Saudi Arabia. The latter is an existing shareholder of Arena Events with a 23.9% stake.

IHC and Tasheel are both holding companies. They were set up to diversify and grow non-oil business sectors in the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia. The deal will see IHC take a 70% stake in Arena with Tasheel owning the remaining 30%.

Arena agrees to takeover bid

Arena Events chairman said that the offer“represents a substantial premium to the Arena Group’s existing share price and recognises the quality of Arena.” He added that the proposal reflects “the agility of the business to successfully rebound from the Covid-19 pandemic and its standing amongst its peers as the world of events returns to normality.

And importantly, he said that as a privately owned group, the new owners “will help Arena grow through additional funding, which guarantees the future of the business as a leader in the event rental market”.

FREE REPORT: Why this £5 stock could be set to surge

Are you on the lookout for UK growth stocks?

If so, get this FREE no-strings report now.

While it’s available: you'll discover what we think is a top growth stock for the decade ahead.

And the performance of this company really is stunning.

In 2019, it returned £150million to shareholders through buybacks and dividends.

We believe its financial position is about as solid as anything we’ve seen.

  • Since 2016, annual revenues increased 31%
  • In March 2020, one of its senior directors LOADED UP on 25,000 shares – a position worth £90,259
  • Operating cash flow is up 47%. (Even its operating margins are rising every year!)

Quite simply, we believe it’s a fantastic Foolish growth pick.

What’s more, it deserves your attention today.

So please don’t wait another moment.

Get the full details on this £5 stock now – while your report is free.

Royston Wild has no position in any of the shares mentioned. The Motley Fool UK has no position in any of the shares mentioned. Views expressed on the companies mentioned in this article are those of the writer and therefore may differ from the official recommendations we make in our subscription services such as Share Advisor, Hidden Winners and Pro. Here at The Motley Fool we believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors.

Our 6 'Best Buys Now' Shares

Renowned stock-picker Mark Rogers and his analyst team at The Motley Fool UK have named 6 shares that they believe UK investors should consider buying NOW.

So if you’re looking for more stock ideas to try and best position your portfolio today, then it might be a good day for you. Because we're offering a full 33% off your first year of membership to our flagship share-tipping service, backed by our 'no quibbles' 30-day subscription fee refund guarantee.

Simply click below to discover how you can take advantage of this.