Click to go to:
- Accessing The Website
- Finding Stuff on The Website
- Managing Your Paid Fool Subscriptions
- Managing Email From The Fool
Accessing The Website
- What are cookies, and why do I need to accept them?
- Please see the “Cookies” section of our Privacy and Cookie Statement.
- When I try to log in I get a message saying something like “Sorry, Fool. Check that you typed everything correctly..”
- Following changes to the UK Fool site (including the closure of the discussion boards and pages such as ‘My Fool’), it’s now only necessary to log in if you have a subscription to one of our paid-for services (ie, Share Advisor, Hidden Winners or Pro). But if you’re just reading our articles and other content on Fool.co.uk there’s no longer any log in process.
- When I try to log in I get a message saying “ERROR: The password you entered for the username … is incorrect
- If you know you’ve got a paid-subscription, but find you can’t log on, please double-check you’ve entered the correct password – because we obscure it with asterisks, it’s easy to mistype, so it’s worth trying again.
If you still get the error message, try resetting your password – look for the “Lost your password?” button on the login page.
- I’ve tried everything suggested, so why can’t I log in?
- There could be several reasons why you can’t log in, so please contact us at customer services, giving as many details of the problem as you can — e.g.
• What’s your email address and username (if you have one)?
• Which page are you trying to log in at? Which page do you end up at?
• Do you get any error messages? (they will usually, but not always, be in red)
— and we’ll be happy to help. The more details you can provide about what happens — or doesn’t happen — the more likely we are to be able to put things right (or, at least, work out what might be wrong).
- I’m a Fool One member — how do I get access to the UK newsletters?
- You can gain access via this page.
Finding Stuff On The Website
If you are looking for an article published in the last day or so, have a look at the Recent Headlines page.
Alternatively, at the top of almost any page on the site you will see a magnifying glass symbol. If you’re searching for articles on a particular company, just click here and enter its name — e.g. Barclays — and you’ll get taken to a list of recent articles for that company.
Managing Your Paid Fool Subscriptions
- How do I change my email address for Share Advisor, Pro and Hidden Winners?
- You can change your email address here.
- How do I change my password?
- You can change your password here.
- How do I update my payment card details?
- You can do that here.
- I have forgotten my password. How do I set a new one?
- At the bottom on the login page you will see button labelled “Lost your password?” Just click on the link and follow the instructions.
- I have forgotten my username. How can I log in?
- If you can’t remember your Fool username, you can just log in with your registered email address instead.
- I have forgotten both my username & registered email address! What can I do?
- Don’t panic! Just contact us – at [email protected] — giving us any clues you can about either your username or the email address you may have used to register, and we’ll sort things out.
Managing Email From The Fool
- How can I stop receiving your regular emails, such as The Collective?
- At the bottom of every email we send there should be a link that will enable you to unsubscribe. It will say:
Unsubscribe from this email
(or words to that effect).
If you should ever get an email from us that doesn’t contain such a link, please forward a copy of it to us at customer services.
- How do I exercise my GDPR rights?
- Please visit this page and fill in the appropriate details
- I have changed my email address. How can I update it?
- Please contact our customer service team and we will update our records.