The Motley Fool
Self Select Stocks & Shares ISA
Invest up to £11,520 per tax year in any of our ISA eligible investments, with any profits made on your investments free from Capital Gains Tax.*
Our Self Select Stocks & Shares ISA enables you to benefit from all great features of The Motley Fool Share Dealing Account.
You can buy shares in seven of the world's largest markets with our fully comprehensive dealing account – all for a flat rate: We only charge £10 per trade for UK shares and £17.50 per trade for international shares.
- Invest up to £11,520 per year
- Invest via a lump sum or regular payments by direct debit or debit card
(min. £20 per month)
- Choose to have any dividends you receive paid into your bank account or held in your ISA
- Profits made on your investments are free from Capital Gains Tax*
* Tax laws may be liable to change
|UK real-time purchase (online)||£10|
|UK real-time sale (online)||£10|
|International real-time purchase (online)||£17.50|
|International real-time sale (online)||£17.50|
|Foreign Currency Charges||1% per trade|
|Set up or amend a TradePlan||£2 (dealing charge reduced to £8)|
There are no set up fees to pay and no inactivity fees either, the following items do however attract a fee;
|ISA management fee||£12.50 + VAT (Every 6 months)|
|Transfer out electronically to another broker||£25 per stock|
|Dividend reinvestment||2% - capped at £10
(UK CREST eligible shares only)
|Issuing a paper certificate||£35 (UK shares only)|
|Cash withdrawal by cheque||£25|
|ISA closure fee||£50 + VAT|
|ISA voiding fee||£65 + VAT|
|Repair of ISA||£65 + VAT|
For a full list of all dealing and administrative charges, please click here
Foreign Exchange Information
Foreign currency conversions are required to facilitate the settlement of international transactions and include a spread, which can vary from time-to-time, applied to the Available Exchange Rate*. The current spread is 1.0%. Indicative exchange rates are provided prior to trading, and the rate applicable to the individual trade is confirmed on the contract note once the deal has been completed.
* The available 'Available Exchange Rate' is based on the exchange rate provided within the Global Treasury Information Services foreign exchange feed supplied by Interactive Data Corporation.
Duties and levies
- Whenever a transaction is made on the London stock market or any other London-based exchange and is greater than £10,000, the details of the transaction get passed on to the Panel on Takeovers and Mergers for evaluation, and a levy is charged of (currently) £1.00 on the transaction, which goes to the Panel as payment (known as the 'PTM levy'). Find out more.
- When you buy UK investments, you also have to pay a form of tax called Stamp Duty or Stamp Duty Reserve Tax. This is 0.5% of the value of the investments you buy (1% on Irish stocks and 0% on Exchange Traded Funds).
Free investor support tools
We also offer the following research tools and market information:
- Charts: see how a company's share price is performing today or view the historical price for up to three years
- Company information: access the latest accounts and recent dividend payment news
- Latest FTSE and international indices levels
- Latest FTSE 100 valuations and Top 10 FTSE risers and fallers
- All the latest company news by the minute
- Access to free annual reports
Initial Public Offering (IPO) notification service
As a Motley Fool Share Dealing Service customer, if we are notified and offered the opportunity to partake in an upcoming IPO and we accept the terms of the offer, we will inform you of our participation as soon as possible via email. This will give you the opportunity to purchase the company's first offer of shares in the stock market before they are publicly traded for the first time. (The shares may be offered at a discount, face value or at a premium).
You can apply quickly and easily for your account online, and once it's open you'll be able to start trading within days.
In order to complete the online application process you will need:
- Your address details for the last three years
- Your bank account details (debit card, sort code and account number)
Once you have completed your application successfully we will then send you your PIN and also issue you with a temporary password to activate your account.