Motley Fool UK – Market Conditions Update
We know that the current market conditions will be at the forefront of investors’ minds right now, so we wanted to take a moment to let you know our thoughts.
It’s been a scary couple of weeks for certain, but we’re long-term investors here at The Motley Fool, and you’ll see that reflected across our articles, research and recommendations. Long-term in our books means more than just a quarter or even a year. It means many years.
Our goal – and we believe it’s especially relevant in situations like this – is to make you smarter, happier, and richer by helping you understand market conditions and stay confident in the decisions you’re making.
We know it takes courage to hold on and keep investing in turbulent markets, and we’re here to help you find and maintain that courage.
Your Motley Fool UK Team
From the desk of Mark Rogers, Chief Investment Advisor of Motley Fool UK:
“Here’s a way to try and take better control of your finances… and start working towards a potentially market-beating1 return…”
Your invitation to join Motley Fool Share Advisor – start today and save £50 off your first year!2
Plus, enjoy the protection of a 30‑day subscription refund guarantee.
Please complete this short, secure order form to accept and see everything inside Motley Fool Share Advisor.
Or, if you’re still unsure, read on… Let me explain everything you get when you join our 14,000+ UK members.
I’m not one to make assumptions…
But the fact you’re on this page suggests you’re different to most people.
You know your savings could work harder…
That time wasted is often money lost.
You’re ready to try and take better control of your finances. And you know the sooner you do this effectively, the better off you could be.
However, if you’re like many investors I meet, you’re also prudent. You know that investing in shares carries risk.
And even with a deal like the one I’m making you today, you may still be on the fence.
So let me explain everything you get as a Share Advisor member – what I can and cannot promise you. Read on and discover…
- Why our UK and US share picks have outperformed the S&P UK Broad Market Index by 12.3%, with an average 19.3% return!1
- What some of our members can tell you about this service.
- And why I believe investing “Foolishly” could be the No.1 way that you can set yourself up for success – as you aim to secure financial freedom, for yourself and your family, in these uncertain times.
You see, in my opinion, the best way for you to try and get a decent long-term return on your savings might be in the stock market.
And that’s exactly what Share Advisor helps you do.
That’s why I’m so excited to offer you this invitation today.
I’ve put together a terrific team of experts who do all the hard work for you. Every month, they present you with their two most promising picks; one growth stock and one income stock, picked from either the UK or the US market.
You are handed a detailed report of their findings – with commentary on all the opportunities and risks. And they reveal why they believe these picks have the potential to grow your wealth over the long term.
Long-term investing, in a nutshell, is the Motley Fool philosophy.
- We don’t take cavalier bets on unproven ‘Penny Stocks.’
- We don’t get stressed over short-term price swings.
- And we definitely don’t bombard you with unproven claims and hype.
This is your nest egg we’re talking about.
It is hard-earned and shouldn’t be toyed with.
So every recommendation you get inside Share Advisor is given to you with the understanding that you’ll buy and HOLD. Our aim is to get you buying what we believe are top-quality companies that have the potential to dramatically improve your financial standing over time.
Many of our picks are still being held after 7+ years. Including…
- Britvic up +229.9%3
- Homeserve up +541.9%4
- Renishaw up +191.2%5
Now, these are some of our top-performing recommendations, shown to illustrate the very best potential returns. They are not intended to be at all representative. Not all of our selections have performed so well, and some have fallen in value. These figures include dividends reinvested and ignore dealing charges.
And while past performance is no guarantee of future returns, I’ve every confidence that your Share Advisor membership could soon have you making better-informed investing decisions within your own portfolio.
Imagine seeing a small handful of these companies quietly fill your retirement account or ISA.
How much faster could you start doing whatever you want… whenever you want… now that you’re beginning to try and take more control over your money?
Well that’s not all…
As a Share Advisor member, you are also updated on any important news as it happens. This lands straight in your inbox – with quick-fire suggestions on what to do next. All the information you need is distilled into a few short paragraphs.
Should the moment strike, we’ll even tell you when we advise selling. This has helped our investors secure up to triple-digit returns on some of our best-performing recommendations. Of course, these returns are not representative, and not all picks have been so successful. Some have fallen in value.
But as I mentioned earlier, overall, we’re beating the market!1
And we believe these timely updates could be critical to your success.
Because they don’t just save you time…
When the markets get whipped into another panic or frenzy, we think our updates can provided a steadying hand, and help make you a calmer investor.
Nothing is hidden from you either.
You’re shown our full track record… every buy, hold and sell recommendation since Share Advisor began in 2012… The winners and losers…
Plus, those stocks which we still think you should BUY.
I’m sure you can see why so many Share Advisor members have sent us such overwhelming praise:
“Share Advisor gives you buy and hold recommendations with detailed analysis of each company. Very easy service for all fools to understand.”
— M. Birkett, Somerset
“I save time, save money, and profit.”
— K. M. Lewin, North West England
“Motley Fool have helped me invest wisely ... they will get me [to retirement] a lot quicker than would otherwise have been the case.”
— William Barnsby, West Midlands
Now, whatever your position, I believe Share Advisor can help you do the same.
And I want to help get you started as quickly as possible…
So the moment you join, you gain access to a shortlist of ‘5 Starter Stocks’ to buy and hold today
All of these are simple, easy-to-understand businesses – typically with:
- A long, impressive track record;
- A dominant market position;
- A strong management team and company culture;
- Strong numbers to hopefully withstand any volatility in the wider market.
We think these stocks could be ideal for getting your new portfolio launched.
To perhaps give yourself a more solid foundation from the start.
And even if you currently own shares, we think you should strongly consider adding these to your portfolio. Because I believe my research shows that they are strong, high-quality companies.
You could potentially leave these humming along in your ISA while the markets move up and down.
Hopefully by now, you’re starting to see why so many investors are chuffed to bits with Share Advisor. And why they say things like this:
“My Motley Fool experience to date has been amazing. I can’t praise the service highly enough. I held off joining back in 2012 when the service was launched and didn’t join until 2014 until it was more established. That’s a decision I seriously regret.”
— Phil James, Leicestershire
You are invited to join Motley Fool Share Advisor now – for just
This entitles you to your first full year’s membership, at a 33% discount off our standard 1-year list price.
It works out to roughly £1.90 per week.2
Think about that for a moment.
For less than the cost of some Sunday papers, you have a wealth of information to try and help you finally take control of your finances.
Or let me put it another way.
Just the dividends alone from some of our income picks could potentially recoup your membership.
Not to get ahead of ourselves…
This is the stock market, and there are no absolute guarantees. That’s why I’m careful to explain every risk and opportunity to you in detail. This makes it easier for you to pick the right stocks based on your circumstances.
What’s more, you are welcome to post any questions or comments…
I promise to get back to you as quickly as possible.
For instance, here’s a detailed answer I gave to a subscriber about one of our growth picks.
Out of respect for the member’s privacy, I had to redact some of this message. But hopefully it illustrates an important point.
You see, whilst we cannot always reply in such depth, you’re not left alone with our stock recommendations. You have online access to our analysts who write this research.
And please, let me make something else abundantly clear to you…
Your Share Advisor membership is covered by a 30-day subscription refund guarantee
Yes. I want to remove as many risks as I possibly can from your decision.
Simply complete this easy-fill payment form to start your subscription now.
Peek behind the curtain and explore everything I’ve promised you in this invitation.
You can even follow the same research now being used by [SA_Member_Tally] Share Advisor members to potentially grow your wealth. Meanwhile, you’re under no obligation whatsoever.
If, within 30 days, you decide Share Advisor is not for you, just send a quick email to our support team at [email protected]
You will be issued a full and prompt refund of your subscription fee, no questions asked.
You can cancel your subscription for any reason, or no reason at all.
And to make your decision even easier, here’s something extra for you…
A bundle FREE investing reports to download and keep...
…whether you stay with Share Advisor or not!
Think of these as a ‘thank you’ gift for trying our market-beating1 service today.
Your free reports include:
- Shares 2020 – 5 Top Stocks for the Year Ahead: in this, the 11th volume of our hugely popular annual Shares report series, written late last year, veteran Motley Fool investment writer Malcolm Wheatley highlights the 5 companies that he believes could prove to be superb buy-and-hold investments for years to come.
- The Motley Fool’s Brexit Playbook: see all the possible ways to try and help protect yourself – and perhaps even profit – during Brexit’s uncertainties. We reveal how the various possible Brexit scenarios could impact upon each industry, and which companies to consider buying. Brexit will surely go down as one of the great political shifts of this century, making this report an essential read.
- The A.I. Dossier – The British Investor’s Guide to the Coming Artificial Intelligence Boom: once the stuff of science fiction, A.I. is now an absolute reality. And it could easily become the largest technological jump in human history – adding an estimated $15.7 Trillion to the global economy. This 14-page dossier reveals 3 specific ways you can aim to position yourself to profit from this coming boom… plus the 3 US stocks we think you should buy.
- The ‘Star-Spangled’ Selection – 3 of Our Favourite US Stocks for Share Advisor: to celebrate the launch of US recommendations within Share Advisor, our ace analyst team have highlighted three of their favourite US-listed shares that they feel could make worthy additions to your investment portfolio.
- Double Report Bonus! – 6 Danger Signs You Can Check in 15 Minutes, PLUS… When to Sell Your Shares: if you already own shares in any company, you will want to run these quick-fire checks. Most investors I meet have missed at least one of these warning signs… yet they can show you which companies are deteriorating before the markets get wise.
- The Fool’s Guide to Investing With Funds: funds can offer you a relatively cheap, easy way to get broad exposure to the stock market… or they can burden you with poor performance and crippling annual fees. This guide helps you make a more informed decision before you click ‘buy.’
Right now, I’m offering you a 33% discount off your first year of membership.
That’s a full £50 saving off the usual 1-year list price of £149,2 with access to all of the following:
- Your monthly income and growth stock suggestions – picked from either the UK or the US market – with commentary on all the opportunities and risks. These make it easier to buy shares based on your own situation and risk-tolerance. And if you have any questions, you are more than welcome to ask our analysts via our dedicated members-only website (although please note we cannot give any personal advice).
- Your stock email updates – these keep you informed about any important changes to our stock recommendations. We hope you can use these updates to make quicker, calmer decisions within your own portfolio – without falling victim to the usual media noise.
- Your 5 Starter Stocks – these are the ‘foundation-stone’ companies that we believe you really should consider holding within your portfolio… even if you currently own other shares.
- Your 6 ‘Best Buys Now’ Stocks – every month, our analyst team highlights for you where they believe the best opportunities on the Share Advisor scorecard are right now – making it easy to decide where to put your money to work.
- Your bundle of FREE investing reports to download and keep – whether you stay with Share Advisor or not. These can help you prepare for more of the uncertainties ahead.
- Your 30‑day subscription refund guarantee – if you are not thrilled with everything you see inside Share Advisor, simply write a quick message to our support team for a FULL refund of your membership fee. No questions asked.
Do you have any savings which could be working harder right now?
If so, please accept this invitation.
You can leave your money in a savings account, accepting any paltry interest-rate your bank throws at you.
You can hold onto your savings while the Bank of England decides whether or not to destroy its value through inflation.
Or you can take control of your finances for yourself.
Of course, shares are much riskier than cash. However, with Share Advisor at your side, I believe they can offer one of the best ways to get a potentially handsome return on your savings.
You can stop relying on banks, ‘experts’ and institutions.
You can join the [SA_Member_Tally] Fools with access to the service that has beaten the S&P UK Broad Market Index by an average 12.3%1.
I hope you decide to take control and save yourself £50 off the usual 1-year list price today.2
To accept this invitation, please complete the secure order form below. You will be sent a prompt email with everything you need to access Motley Fool Share Advisor and get started.
I wish you all the very best.
Chief Investment Advisor,
Motley Fool UK
Disclosure: Mark Rogers does not own any of the shares mentioned. The Motley Fool UK owns Britvic shares and has recommended Homeserve and Micro Focus shares.
a) Your card will be charged the introductory rate of £99 for your first year of service. At the end of this introductory period, your subscription will automatically renew at £149 annually. You may cancel your membership at any time by contacting [email protected]. If you cancel within your first 30 days you will receive a full subscription refund. After this time, your subscription is non-refundable.
2Choose a payment option
3Enter payment details
- The value of all shares and the income from them can fall as well as rise.
- You should not speculate using money you cannot afford to lose or rely on dividend income for non-discretionary living expenses.
- You run an extra risk of losing money when you buy shares in certain smaller companies including "penny shares".
- There can be a big difference between the buying price and the selling price of these shares. If you have to sell them immediately, you may get back much less than you paid for them. The price may change quickly, it may go down as well as up and you may not get back the full amount invested. It may be difficult to sell or realise the investment.
- The newsletter may recommend securities listed on overseas stock exchanges. Investors may incur extra dealing charges, administrative costs or withholding taxes when dealing in these securities and should check with their stockbroker before dealing. Many UK stockbroking platforms levy an ‘FX charge’ when dealing in securities in other currencies, and this can be a multiple of the standard dealing cost. This can mean the price needs to move much further in your favour before you will be able to realise a profit. You should also be aware that dividends may be paid in US dollars or in other currencies, and that these could also attract additional charges. If this is the first time you have dealt in US-listed stocks, your broker will probably ask you to complete a W-8BEN form as a formality. This establishes your foreign ownership and prevents double taxation. Bear in mind the time difference as well when dealing on North American markets - you will generally be served best by issuing dealing orders when the relevant market is open.
- There are additional risks in investing on overseas stock exchanges. Companies listed on stock exchanges other than the London Stock Exchange may be subject to different accounting and reporting standards, and your regulatory protection may not be the same. You should seek professional advice if you need a more detailed assessment of these risks.
- Changes in exchange rates may have a significant and materially adverse effect on the value of the value or price of these investments in sterling terms. You could lose money in sterling even if the stock price rises in dollar terms, although this could also work in your favour.
- Performance statistics are calculated on a like-for-like basis with regard to currencies, so US dollar investments will be considered purely in US dollar terms without any adjustment for changes in exchange rates. These may not accurately reflect real returns for a sterling-based UK investor.
- We have taken all reasonable care to ensure that all statements of fact and opinion contained in this publication are fair and accurate in all material aspects.
- Investors should seek appropriate professional advice from their stockbroker or other adviser if any points are unclear.
- This newsletter gives general advice only, and the investments mentioned may not necessarily be suitable for any individual.
- Motley Fool Share Advisor has delivered an overall return of 19.3%. The S&P UK Broad Market index has delivered an overall return of 7.0%. Returns are calculated using a time-weighted rate of return (TWRR) methodology that includes dividends reinvested and excludes trading costs. The returns on investments made in overseas currencies are calculated without adjusting for changes in exchange rates, so these may not accurately reflect actual returns for a sterling-based UK investor. The S&P UK Broad Market returns include dividends reinvested. Returns are measured from the date of each recommendation to the close of trading on 30/04/2020. 2 recommendations per month have been made since 27/02/2012.
- Your card will be charged £99 for your first year of service. At the end of this introductory period, your subscription will automatically renew at £149 annually. You may cancel your membership at any time by contacting [email protected] If you cancel within your first 30 days you will receive a full subscription refund. After this time, your initial subscription is non-refundable. This special introductory offer may be withdrawn from sale at any point without notice.
- Motley Fool Share Advisor first recommended shares of Britvic plc (LSE:BVIC) on 23/07/2012. As of the close of trading on 30/04/2020 the shares had gained 229.9%. The return is calculated using a time-weighted rate of return (TTWR) methodology that includes dividends reinvested and excludes trading costs.
- Motley Fool Share Advisor first recommended shares of HomeServe plc (LSE:HSV) on 28/08/2012. As of the close of trading on 30/04/2020 the shares had gained 541.9%. The return is calculated using a time-weighted rate of return (TTWR) methodology that includes dividends reinvested and excludes trading costs.
- Motley Fool Share Advisor first recommended shares of Renishaw plc (LSE:RWS) on 23/04/2012. As of the close of trading on 30/04/2020 the shares had gained 191.2%. The return is calculated using a time-weighted rate of return (TTWR) methodology that includes dividends reinvested and excludes trading costs.
Contact Motley Fool Customer Services by email: [email protected] or call: 0207 462 4300, Mon-Fri.
Motley Fool Share Advisor is a Motley Fool product authorised by The McHattie Group, St Brandon's House, 29 Great George Street, Bristol, BS1 5QT. Tel: 0117 407 0225, Email: [email protected] The McHattie Group is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, and offers restricted advice on certain types of investment only.
No part of Motley Fool Share Advisor may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form by any means without the prior permission of the copyright holder.