GoCompare’s comparison site offers a simple and easy way to compare quotes from an extensive selection of providers. The search process is straightforward. You will need to submit details about your car and yourself. You can also amend the results to include optional extras such as breakdown cover or payment method.
What does GoCompare do well?
GoCompare allows a comparison between car insurance quotes in a simple, easy-to-use format, great for those new to comparison sites.
- Free £250* excess cover – This is a definite bonus that is worth considering. If you make a claim, GoCompare will refund up to £250* once your claim has been settled. If you are interested you will need to select this when applying for a quote. You can also make allowances for this when selecting your voluntary excess, which could lower your initial premium.
- Good selection of providers – The comparison site compares quotes from over 130 insurance providers, as of December 2020. They publish the list of providers they work with on their website with some additional guidance where applicable. This compares well with other comparison sites which typically compare quotes from around 110 different providers.
- Options to amend results – The search results come with options to add or omit specific features. These include breakdown cover, personal accident insurance, legal assistance and a courtesy car. You can also select between monthly or annual payments. A search will show you how much you can save if you choose to pay annually as opposed to monthly.
- Different policy types available – You have the option to select insurance cover depending on the type of driver you are. This includes insurance for over 50s, new drivers or multi-car households.
What’s not so great?
It’s a good idea to have some information to hand before you start the process
- Results typically contain many quotes – It may take some time to go through all of the information in a typical search result. In addition, sorting options are limited. You can search by price, which is useful if the cost of insurance is a big deciding factor. However, bear in mind that a cheaper quote is not necessarily the best quote for your circumstances.
- Further action will be needed – If you select a policy you will need to follow the link to their website where you will be asked for further information. The process can take more time than you think, so do bear this in mind when using this comparison site. Take your time and make sure you fill out your application correctly.
How straightforward is it to get a quote with GoCompare?
Obtaining a list of relevant insurance quotes using GoCompare’s comparison site is a relatively quick and easy process which takes around 10 minutes to complete. To get the most out of the site, make sure you have all the relevant information to hand, such as your driving licence and the car licence plate number.
The website itself gives some useful information including the details you will be asked for when applying for a quote. This is definitely worth a read if you haven’t bought car insurance before.
The tricky part is that a typical search result will have a large number of quotes. Take your time when going through all of these. Use adjustable cover options to finely tune your search where applicable.
Is GoCompare easy to use?
The website itself has plenty of jargon-free information. This includes information on the average price of car insurance and the different types of cover available. It is worth looking at the website first before applying for a quote if you are uncertain about some aspects of car insurance.
The questionnaire is simple and straightforward. If you are interested in the free £250* excess cover, make sure you select this when applying.
The large number of results shows that GoCompare works with an extensive list of insurance providers. This helps, since using this site for a quote could lead to you finding a good deal amongst the wide range of providers.
Is GoCompare right for you?
GoCompare’s free £250* excess cover is worth considering. There are no hidden costs and really is free. Generally, the site compares insurance policies from a good selection of providers and a list is provided for transparency.
If you are looking for a site that can provide you with a wide range of insurance quotes via a quick, simple and relatively easy process, then this one might be a great choice.
* Up to £250 refunded after claim settled. Car insurance purchases only. Excludes breakdown, windscreen and glass repair/replacement. Full T&Cs apply.