Which Motley Fool Service Is Right For Me?
Our mission at The Motley Fool is to help the world invest — better.
We offer a range of premium investing services to match the needs of a broad range of temperaments and timelines, interests and investing attitudes.
You might well ask, though, how do you decide which Motley Fool UK service is right for you? It’s a personal decision, but we can help. Here’s a chart that helps show how we think our three premium services complement each other:
If you have less than £5,000 in investable assets, we think either Motley Fool Share Advisor or Motley Fool Hidden Winners are likely to be a good fit for you. If you’re considering joining Motley Fool Pro, we’d suggest you start with at least £25,000 of investable assets, in order to get the most out of your membership.
Are you a risk-taker, or does the thought of losing money turn your stomach? We have services designed for different risk tolerances. Bear in mind, though, that investing in the stock market is never risk-free.
What you get with each service:
Motley Fool Share Advisor
Our flagship share-tipping service offers two recommendations each month, one of which is growth-orientated while the other is income-orientated.
You’ll also receive the team’s monthly selection of ‘Best Buys Now’ stocks, plus a handful of ‘Starter Stocks’, and tons of other great investing information.
Share Advisor concentrates on larger UK companies, typically valued at £500m+.
£149/yr Try Now!
Motley Fool Hidden Winners
Enjoy one high-conviction small-cap share recommendation every month, plus up-to-date coverage for every single active Hidden Winners recommendation.
You’ll also have access to the ‘Hidden Winners Universe’, which includes all current buy recommendations, watch-list stocks, plus the small-cap shares our team believes you should avoid.
Hidden Winners concentrates on smaller UK companies, typically valued between £20m and £500m.
£199/yr Try Now!
Motley Fool Pro
Our most advanced investing service pulls together the widest range of investment ideas (small caps, larger companies and international stocks) using a more active investing strategy and a real-money portfolio, backed by £100,000 of The Motley Fool’s own cash.
As well as individual buy and sell recommendations, you get guidance on both the sizing of individual positions and diversification into a wide range of different industries and regions.
There is also no fixed schedule for when recommendations are made, and this freedom enables the Pro team to take a much more opportunistic approach.
Pro also regularly highlights a selection of shares featured in other Motley Fool newsletters across the world (including our UK titles) in a special feature called ‘Spotlight Shares’.
£599/yr (currently closed to new members) Register Your Interest
Note that all of our services are online only, and we do not send out printed copies of our recommendations. However, all the webpages can be printed out very easily if you want to digest our analysis at a more leisurely pace.
How our services’ features compare:
|Feature||Share Advisor||Hidden Winners||Pro|
|Carefully researched recommendations||2 per month
|At least 1 per month
(no fixed schedule)
(no fixed schedule)
|Ongoing coverage for all recommendations||*||*||*|
|Clear Buy/Hold/Sell advice||*||*||*|
|All recommendations backed by The Motley Fool’s own cash||*|
|Recommends growth and income||*|
|Focuses on growth||*||*|
|Invests in international stocks||*|
|Highlights ideas from other Fool services around the globe||*|
|Invests in turnarounds and special situations||*|
|Recommends only small-cap shares||*|
|Features a watch list to highlight future opportunities||*||*|
|Highlights shares to avoid||*|
|Aimed at “ideas generation”||*||*|
|Aimed at building a single balanced and diversified portfolio||*|
|Guidance on how much of each recommendation to buy||*|
|Ability to comment directly on articles||*||*||*|
|Company visits and management interviews||*||*|
|Try Share Advisor||Try Hidden Winners||Register your interest in Pro|
Finally, don’t forget that every Motley Fool product comes with a subscription refund guarantee
If you’re relatively new to investing and unsure of where to start, we’d suggest looking at Share Advisor first of all.
And if you’re still not sure which is right for you, fear not! All of our services come with a 30-day subscription refund guarantee as standard. So if you join and subsequently feel it’s not what you need, just cancel within the first 30 days and we’ll refund your subscription fee in full, with no quibbling.
We want you to be a member of the investing service that’s right for you.
Team Fool UK
- The value of shares and the income from them can fall as well as rise.
- ‘Hidden Winners’ is the title of our small-cap newsletter service, but this does not mean, or imply, there is any guarantee of positive performance.
- Investment in the securities of smaller and/or medium-sized companies (such as those featured in Hidden Winners and Pro) can involve greater risk than for larger, more established companies. Price movements may be more volatile, and they can react strongly to news or recommendations. You should always check the price before you deal. The market for smaller company shares may be less liquid, meaning they may be harder to trade.
- You run an extra risk of losing money when you buy shares in certain smaller companies including “penny shares”.
- There is a big difference between the buying price and the selling price of these shares. If you have to sell them immediately, you may get back much less than you paid for them. The price may change quickly, it may go down as well as up and you may not get back the full amount invested. It may be difficult to sell or realise the investment.
- You should not speculate using money you cannot afford to lose.
- We have taken all reasonable care to ensure that all statements of fact and opinion contained in these publications are fair and accurate in all material aspects.
- Investors should seek appropriate professional advice from their stockbroker or other adviser if any points are unclear.
- These publications give general advice only, and the investments mentioned may not necessarily be suitable for any individual.
- These publications may recommend securities listed on overseas stock exchanges. Investors may incur extra charges when dealing in these securities and should check with their stockbroker before dealing.
- Changes in exchange rates may have an adverse effect on the value of the value or price of these investments in sterling terms.
Authorised by The McHattie Group, St Brandon’s House, 29 Great George Street, Bristol, BS1 5QT. Tel: 01179 200 070. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The McHattie Group is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, and offers restricted advice on certain types of investment only.