Frequently Asked Questions
- Accessing The Website
- Finding Stuff on The Website
- Managing Your Paid Fool Subscriptions
- Managing Email From The Fool
Accessing The Website
- What are cookies, and why do I need to accept them?
Please see the “Cookies” section of our Privacy and Cookie Statement.
- When I try to log in I get a message saying “Sorry, Fool! According to our records you do not have any active subscriptions.”
Following changes to the UK Fool site (including the closure of the discussion boards and pages such as ‘My Fool’), it’s now only necessary to log in if you have a subscription to one of our paid-for services (ie, Share Advisor, Hidden Winners or Pro). But if you’re just reading our articles and other content on Fool.co.uk there’s no longer any log in process.
- When I try to log in I get a message saying “ERROR: The password you entered for the username … is incorrect
If you know you’ve got a paid-subscription, but find you can’t log on, please double-check you’ve entered the correct password – because we obscure it with asterisks, it’s easy to mistype, so it’s worth trying again.
If you still get the error message, try resetting your password – look for the “Lost your password?” button on the login page.
- I’ve tried everything suggested, so why can’t I log in?
There could be several reasons why you can’t log in, so please contact us at customer services, giving as many details of the problem as you can — eg,
• What’s your email address and username (if you have one)?
• Which page are you trying to log in at? Which page do you end up at?
• Do you get any error messages? (they will usually, but not always, be in red)
— and we’ll be happy to help. The more details you can provide about what happens — or doesn’t happen — the more likely we are to be able to put things right (or, at least, work out what might be wrong).
- I’m a Fool One member — how do I get access to the UK newsletters?
You can gain access via this page.
Finding Stuff On The Website
- How can I find a particular article on the Fool site?
There are a number of ways, depending on how recently it was published and how much you can remember about it:
• If it was published in the last day or so, have a look at the Most Recent page.
• If it’s older than that, but you know roughly when it was published, have a look in the Archives. The archives are arranged by year, and by month for each “year” page. (NB. The archives are still incomplete, but we hope to add earlier content in due course.)
• You could search the site for it – see below.
- How do I search the Fool site?
At the top of almost any page on the site you will see a text-entry box labelled “Enter Keywords”.
If you’re searching for articles on a particular company, just enter its name — eg Barclays — and you’ll get taken to a list of recent articles for the company.
Managing Your Paid Fool Subscriptions
- How do I change my email address for Share Advisor, Pro and Hidden Winners?
You can change your email address here.
- How do I change my password?
You can change your password here.
- I have forgotten my password. How do I set a new one?
At the bottom on the login page you will see button labelled “Lost your password?” Just click on the link and follow the instructions.
- I have forgotten my username. How can I log in?
If you can’t remember your Fool username, you can just log in with your registered email address instead.
- I have forgotten both my username & registered email address! What can I do?
Don’t panic! Just contact us – at CustomerServices@Fool.co.uk — giving us any clues you can about either your username or the email address you may have used to register, and we’ll sort things out.
Managing Email From The Fool
- How can I stop receiving your regular emails, such as The Collective?
At the bottom of every email we send there should be a link that will enable you to unsubscribe. It will say:
Unsubscribe from this email
(or words to that effect).
If you should ever get an email from us that doesn’t contain such a link, please forward a copy of it to us at customer services.
- I have changed my email address. How can I update it?
Please contact our customer service team and we will update our records.